Ed (Grizzly Bear) and Jonsi (Sigur Ros) at Coachella
Chris Bear keeping it fresh by the porta potties! (via Ed Droste’s instagram)
“We take our radios into Walmart for Operation Coachella BBQ”
#TBT…from 2004….Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear were on tour for their Horn of Plenty album, and my friend Ed got ahold of me to see if they could crash at my place in Lindsay, Oklahoma. They stayed for a day or two, and I gave them a tour of rural life. One evening they set up in my barn and played a full on live set for me and my friend Mary. To this day, it’s hands down the most amazing live music experience I’ve ever had.
The next day I took them into town to shop at our only thrift store….horrifyingly named “Clowns for Christ”. On our way back to the house they wanted to stop at this grainery to have their picture taken. It was owned by a local family with the last name of Gay. LOL
I’m pretty sure they were the first vegetarians my parents had ever met, because my mom had put bacon grease all over the vegetables. And my dad was so horrified the there was a “rock band from New York” staying in the house that he hid all of the guns from them.
photos by Benjy Russell
Chris Bear in Austin, Texas
(photo via maisquared)
- August 1 - Niagara Falls, NY @ Rapids Theatre
- August 2 - Cincinnati, OH @ Taft Theatre
- August 3 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Meiger Gardens Amphitheater
- August 6 - Denver CO, @ Ogden Theatre
More to come soon!
Joel, Ed, Michael and Chris Taylor in Louisville, KY
Grizzly Bear joins the Lollapalooza 2013 lineup!
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra, “Swim and Sleep” from II
- Ghost Town DJ’s, “My Boo” from So So Def Bass All-Stars
- Stevie Nicks, “Wild Heart” from a YouTube clip of Nicks singing at a Rolling Stone photo shoot
Here is a full view of the Grizzly Bear Spring Tour poster.